wtorek, 14 stycznia 2014

A few hours in Milan


It`s high time I started my second stage of the Erasmus exchange! I decided not to take the same route this time. Previously, I travelled directly from Fiumicino to Rome and from Rome to Potenza. This time it was more complicated because I booked my flight to Bergamo, then I caught the bus to the centre of Milan. It took me about an hour to get there (the ticket was at an affordable price, 5 ).


I get used to the fact that I come across interesting people while travelling in Italy. I usually meet them either at the airports, stations or in means of transport. This time I got to know a Polish girl whose boyfriend lives in Toruń (it`s my home town). We were involved in the conversation in the bus to a certain extent, therefore we went for a cup of cappuccino and chocolate cupcakes. She told me that she was going to catch the train to Pavia, whereas my destination was Potenza. I was lucky to meet her due to the fact that I made sure which metro line I had to take to get to Il Duomo (the yellow line, M3, direction: San Donato). When you want to come back to Stazione Centrale, you have to take another direction: Comasina. One way ticket costs 1,5 €.

 


Italian seems to be useful at every turn. Although I`m not fluent in this language, I understand a lot. It helped me to comprehend what the Black guy told me at the Central Station in Milan. If you are there, be alert to Black people hanging around the entrance to the metro stations. They sell Chinese stuff such as scarves or umbrellas. If you decline their offers, they will call you the worst words. Thus, it is better not to say “no, grazie”, but pass them without saying a word. Still, white homeless people are a pain in the neck. 


No sooner had I visited the places I wanted than it was a must to buy a magnet with an image of Milan. As soon as I come back to Poland, I will put it onto the fridge (there is the collection of magnets bought in various cities I visited).


Initially I thought that there are plenty of places to see, but reality turned out to be different. The main tourist attractions are Il Duomo (the gothic Metropolitan Cathedral-Basilica of the Nativity of Saint Mary), Teatro alla Scala, The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, and a few streets. Besides, Stazione Centrale is worth admiring.


What surprised me most was travelling by “Frecciarossa” train on the way from Milan to Florence. Italian trains are excellent in every detail. Firstly, they are fast (sometimes they even reach 250 km/h); secondly, they are comfortable due to the seats, tables, WiFi, electric sockets. This journey was extremely relaxing because I was given a cup of coffee (but, of course, I could order tea, chocolate or champagne), some biscuits and a towelette. Initially, I thought that the staff tricked me into spending extra money on the service. But I was wrong. It was just “all-inclusive” (29 €). 

The following stage of my journey was magical Florence. I will describe the place soon.
The link to the album with photos of Milan: http://italy-through-myeyes.blogspot.it/p/blog-page_9965.html


Drugi etap mojej wymiany czas zacząć! Tym razem, żeby nie podążać tym samym szlakiem, postanowiłam wybrać się do Potenzy nieco inną drogą. Wcześniej podróżowałam bezpośrednio z Warszawy do Rzymu, później do Potenzy. Teraz było to nieco bardziej skomplikowane, gdyż zabookowałam lot ze stolicy do Bergamo. Następnie złapałam autobus do centrum Milanu, który jechał ok. godziny (cena była bardzo korzystna, bo bilet kosztował 5 euro).
Co powoli staje się dla mnie czymś normalnym jest to, że poznaję ciekawych ludzi na lotniskach lub w środkach komunikacji. Tym razem na trasie Bergamo-Mediolan siedziałam obok Polki, której chłopak jest z Torunia! (z mojego miasta) Tak się zagadałyśmy, że poszłyśmy na kawę i muffina. Ona podążała do Pavii, ja do Potenzy. Miałam farta, bo dzięki niej upewniłam się, jaką linią metra mogę dojechać do Il Duomo (M3 linia żółta, kierunek San Donato). Wracając na stację trzeba wsiąść w M3, ale wybierając kierunek Comasina. Cena za jeden przejazd to 1,5 euro.

Język włoski przydaje mi się na każdym kroku. Może nie jestem w nim biegła, ale dużo rozumiem. Dzięki temu wiedziałam, co powiedział do mnie Murzyn na Milano Centrale (stacji głównej w Mediolanie). Trzeba uważać na ciemnoskórych, zwłaszcza tych, co krążą blisko zejść do metra. Wielu Murzynów sprzedaje na stacji tanie chińskie produkty tj. parasolki czy apaszki. Jeśli ktoś im odmówi, zostanie wyzwany od najgorszych. Zatem lepiej nawet nie mówić "nie dziękuję", tylko przejść bez słowa. Choć białoskórzy bezdomni też są sporym problemem.

Jak już zwiedziłam, co chciałam, obowiązkowo kupiłam magnes na lodówkę (na niej mam kolekcję magnesów, które kupiłam w odwiedzonych przeze mnie miejscowościach). Wcześniej sądziłam, że jest tutaj sporo miejsc do zobaczenia, jak się okazuje nie jest ich aż tak wiele. Do głównych atrakcji należą: Il Duomo (gotycka Katedra Mediolańska pw. Narodzin Św. Marii), Teatro alla Scala, Stazione Centrale, Galerii Wiktora Emmanuela II, plus kilka uliczek. Warto rozejrzeć się nawet wokół stacji kolejowej, bo jest co podziwiać :-)

Co mnie bardzo pozytywnie zaskoczyło to podróż pociągiem Frecciarossa na trasie Mediolan- Florencja. Tutejsze pociągi są rewelacyjne pod każdym względem. Po pierwsze - są szybkie (czasem osiągają nawet do 250km/h), po drugie - są wygodne (komfortowe siedzenia, rozkładane stoliki, WiFi i gniazdka elektryczne, do których nie trzeba mieć specjalnej przejściówki). Tym razem podróż była wyjątkowo relaksująca, gdyż otrzymałam kawę (do wyboru były: kawa, czekolada, herbata, szampan) i ciasteczka wraz z chusteczkami odświeżającymi. Początkowo myślałam, że to jakiś przekręt albo że muszę za to dodatkowo płacić. Jednak nie. Wszystko było w cenie biletu! (29 euro).

Kolejnym etapem wyprawy była magiczna Florencja, którą wkrótce opiszę.
Link do zdjęć z Mediolanu: http://italy-through-myeyes.blogspot.it/p/blog-page_9965.html


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz